Politics and Policy Tweets
- Congrats to Montana's @GovernorBullock on his Medicaid expansion waiver approval! https://t.co/zDQhDyQNX9 via @GFTribune
- RT @jhrucker: Great to see @GoNoodle in action at McBrayer Elementary sponsored by @PassportHealthP and @SCRMedical! #healthyKY http://t.co…
- Congrats to our friend and colleague Chris Priest on his appointment! New State Medicaid Program Chief Named http://t.co/caHPfEeXux
- Great discussion on the relationship between #HealthandHousing by @AllHealthReform and our friends @Centene. http://t.co/21d8DJzkWL
- Awesome work by our awesome client. Learn more about @wildflowerhlth and their innovative offerings. https://t.co/cRJjecAUpr
Viohl & Associates is a Washington, DC–based government relations consulting firm established in 1998 that offers state and federal policy consulting and government affairs services. Areas of special focus include healthcare, energy, and education policy. The firm specializes in analyzing and advising on federal programs administered by state governments, including the Medicaid program.
Healthcare: Medicaid; Medicare; waiver demonstration programs; long-term care; home and community-based services; integrated care demonstrations for Medicare-Medicaid enrollees; state exchanges; health IT; provider reimbursements; the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP); regulatory reforms; coverage mandates; pharmacy and DME reimbursement; premium assistance programs, and; chronic disease management.
Energy: Alternative fuels and clean energy technologies; tax incentives; grant funding; fleet mandates; energy efficiency; heating and weatherization assistance programs; climate change issues, and; fuel economy standards.
Education: Grant and loan programs; performance standards; standardized tests; special education programs; alternative teacher certification; early education; supplemental education services; professional development, and; infrastructure funding.
Other: Transportation and infrastructure funding; public-private partnerships; workforce issues; first responder funding / homeland security / disaster assistance; social services and nutrition funding; Congressionally-directed appropriations, and; clean air/clean water mandates and funding.
- Insights on the legislative, regulatory, and budget processes and political environments at both the state and federal levels.
- Assessment of the fiscal and policy implications of proposed mandates, minimum standards, and preemptions.
- Assistance in developing federal and state government relations strategies.
- Marketing advice for federal and state government customers.
- Assistance in identifying and engaging strategic partners, including associations and advocacy organizations.
- Development and implementation of strategic advocacy plans for achieving policy, funding, or procurement goals.
- Engagement with elected and appointed officials at both the state and federal levels.